Staying healthy and safe at work is important. No matter what your job, it is important to reduce your risks of injury and illness at work.
Here are few workplace safety tips that everyone should be aware of. These include:
- Know your surroundings: Every job has its dangers. The best way to keep yourself safe is to be aware of your surroundings. The more familiar you are with your tasks and workplace, the more aware you’ll be of the potential hazards.
- Keep correct posture: If you work at a desk, have a good posture to avoid pain. If you’re picking things up, be sure to keep your back straight and lift with your legs so your back doesn’t get hurt.
- Take Regular Breaks: The reason why there are many work-related injuries and illnesses is because a worker is tired, burned out and not alert to their surroundings. Taking regular breaks helps you stay fresh on the job. You can schedule the most difficult tasks of each day to be done in the morning
- Keep Emergency exits clear: Don’t place anything in front of an emergency exit door. In case of an emergency, you’ll need quick, easy access to the exits
- Always wear personal protective equipment (PPE) : Wearing the correct PPE (earmuffs, safety goggles, gloves and masks) for the job you’re performing is just another way to keep you safe from injury.